Breast cancer may not have any signs or symptoms in its early stages. If you have any concerns about your breast tissue, contact your healthcare provider who can do an examination and discuss next steps.
Contact your healthcare provider if you notice:
- A lump or dimpling in the skin
- Changes in your nipple such pointing inwards
- Clear or bloody fluid that leaks from the nipple
- Skin changes, such as redness or swelling, that do not go away
- Change in the size or shape of the breast
- New pain in one spot that does not go away
- Any other changes in your breast tissue
Symptoms that are less likely to be cause for concern:
- Breast tenderness
- Lumpiness felt throughout both breasts that is not changed or new over time
For more information on breast cancer symptoms, please visit: Canadian Cancer Society.