How to book an OBSP Appointment
CIBC Breast Assessment Centre
The CIBC Breast Assessment Centre, located at the Juravinski Hospital and Cancer Centre in Hamilton, ON, is one of the most advanced breast screening and assessment centres of its kind in Canada.
By consolidating the expertise of radiologists, surgeons and pathologists in one location, the Centre reduces the need for multiple appointments and minimizes the time spent waiting for test results. This coordinated care helps reduce anxiety that patients might experience.
The CIBC Breast Assessment Centre offers the following services:
- Screening mammograms through the Ontario Breast Screening Program
- Follow-up of abnormal screening mammograms
- Assessment for women (and men) with symptoms of breast cancer
- Mammograms for people with a prior diagnosis of breast cancer as part of ongoing surveillance
- Genetic assessment and high risk screening for women at increased risk
There is an ongoing need for equipment at the CIBC Breast Assessment Centre, including new imaging technology to help improve cancer detection. Governments do not fund equipment so donations from individuals and organizations help ensure those essentials, whether large or small, are in place. For more information on how you can support the Centre, please click here.
Are you heading to university or college this year, and in need of some assistance? If you are a young woman facing cancer that is currently enrolled (or enrolling this year) in a Canadian post-secondary institution, Pink Pearl Canada invites you to apply to their...